Safety & Security
VanGorden Elementary partners with the Liberty Township Police Department for School Resource Officer (SRO) services.
Ongoing programs for school safety include lockdown drills using lockdown drills as well as monthly fire and tornado drills. Our SRO works to build positive relationships between students and police officers. He also works closely with the school counselor for in-class guided lessons regarding day-to-day safety of our students, including situations at school, at home, and with technology.
Meet Our SRO
Deputy Jessica Rollins
District Safety & Security
The safety, health, and well-being of Lakota students, staff, volunteers, and visitors is our top priority.
The purpose of this webpage is to provide parents, students, volunteers, and visitors with information on district safety programs and links to helpful resources.
- Schools in Lakota conduct all safety drills required by law and by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Visitors to Lakota schools must sign in at the office and wear a visitor badge while at the school.
- Video cameras are used to monitor activity throughout the schools.
- Any volunteer with unsupervised access to students will be required to pass a criminal background check through our visitor management system, Raptor.
- Bullying and hazing activities of any type are prohibited. No school district employee shall encourage, permit, authorize, condone, or tolerate any bullying or hazing activity.
- Any chemicals brought into a school or on school grounds must have a Material Safety Data Sheet.
Safety Tip Line